The delivery of the new school campus will:
- Secure the future of Claires Court by consolidating the three existing sites into a single campus, delivering high-quality education and sports facilities.
- Provide a new home for Maidenhead Hockey Club, with access to a clubhouse, changing rooms and all-weather pitches.
- Provide much-needed high-quality homes - including 66 affordable homes*What do we mean by ‘Affordable Housing’?
Once built, Affordable Housing within a new development is transferred to a Housing Association. These are then sold or rented to qualifying local people who may be: key workers (people working in the police, healthcare, teaching etc); first time buyers; on low income; or on the Council’s housing waiting list. The properties are provided at a discounted market rate to the qualifying person. (30% of the total) – across three sites in Maidenhead.
- Provide two acres of land for use by the local community at the Ridgeway site. The uses will be decided in consultation with local residents and could include allotments or public open space.
- Deliver new road infrastructure at Cannon Lane and reduce school related traffic congestion across Maidenhead.
To receive information and updates about our plans by email please tick the box when you register your support.
*For more information on affordable housing please hover over the text